- Qualify as a family
- Annual income plus income from assets does not exceed the Income Limits Total Tenant Payment does not exceed the current FMR for Forsyth County.
- No indebtedness to the Housing Authority.
- No felonious violent criminal act or drug related act within the last four (4) years.
- No misdemeanor violent criminal act or drug related act within the last one (1) year.
- Not a registered sex offender.
- Has not committed fraud, misrepresentation or falsified information. Has not been evicted from any Assisted Housing in the past year (3 years for drug-related activity).
- Must submit evidence of citizenship or eligible applicant status.
- Family must not have violated any family obligation during previous participation in the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) Program in the past 3 years.
Voucher Size based on Family Household Size:
| Household Size||Voucher Size||Maximum Rent Range|
|| 1 bedroom
| 2-4 people
| 4-6 people
|| 3 bedroom
| 6-8 people
|| 4 bedroom
| 8-10 people
|| 5 bedroom
Maximum rent range is dependent on the participant’s income. The higher their income, the higher in the range they will be eligible.
Local Preferences for the Housing Choice Voucher Program
Preferences are not applicable to the Section 8 programs.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program waiting list is closed indefinitely. Please feel free to click on our Public Housing or Scattered Sites properties for an application.